Good news! Water restrictions in metro Atlanta counties have been reduced from Drought Level 2 to Drought Level 1 – just in time for planting, aeration and overseeding season.
The following activities are permitted during the current Drought Level 1 restrictions now in effect for DeKalb, Fulton and Cobb counties ANYTIME during the day:
- Hand watering with a hose or watering can, drip irrigation or soaker hoses
- Watering newly planted lawns, turf, groundcover, flowers, shrubs, trees and other plants during installation and 30 days after installation is complete.
- Watering food gardens
- Commercial pressure washing
- Install/maintenance of irrigation systems
- Watering from private wells, rainwater, bodies of water
For established landscapes, sprinklers and spray-type irrigation is permitted daily before 10am and after 4pm (rather than the even/odd days permitted during Drought Level 2 conditions).
If you’re considering a smart irrigation system, we’ve already done our homework on the best system available for north Atlanta residents. Click here to see the brand we recommend, and why.